For the mini tour if the consensus is the best 6 low net scores my suggestion is 3 from the majors. The Majors should have more points than the regular tour. The Championship rd should be in a neutral course with more points. The winner should also get 100 pts towards the POY. We don't have match play so this one should matter.
2018 Mini Tour
- 822 Views
- Last Post 23 September 2018
Formula for the dollar calculation:
Took the net scores from the Pogi website. Assigned points based on your position in each game
Took the $750 and divided it by the total points (for the top 6 scores of each player) to get a winning per point
Multiplied your total points (top 6 scores) by the winning per point to get your total winning
Mini Tour Ranking:
RANK NAMES Points Dollars
1 CESAR Z 525 $89
2 JIMBO 520 $88
3 RALPH 440 $74
4 JOEY 360 $61
5 JESS 335 $57
5 MARIO 340 $57
5 BONG 335 $57
8 MENDOZA 325 $55
9 NESTOR 305 $51
10 ALEX 255 $43
11 SHERWOOD 190 $32
12 MUSTO 175 $30
13 DINO 150 $25
14 HANK 115 $19
15 ROUEL 75 $13
POGI Green Mini Tour 2018
1. Any POGI member is eligible to play.
2. This tour event has bearing towards the POGI Player of the Year.
a. Overall winner : 100 points
1st runner up: 50
2nd runner up: 25
3. There is a $50 entrance fee.
4. There will be a total of 10 rounds of golf as we are expanding this popular event.
5. Points will be awarded for each round. Whoever accumulates the most points wins the cup and a big share of the prize money. Higher points will be awarded on the final tour.
6. Must play 4 out of 1st 9 rounds to qualify for the final round.
However, you may still play in the final rd and could still win or place in the event
and receive the prize money but would not be eligible to gain points for the championship and bonus prize.
7. POGI rules apply on course. Only 80% of course handicap will be deducted from the gross score and the lowest net wins the round. Any tie on each round will be determined by whoever has the lowest raw score on the hardest hole.
8. Points for each of the 9 events:
a. Winner - 100
b. 1st ru - 75
c. 2nd ru - 60
d. 3rd ru - 50
e. 4th ru - 40
f. Rest - 25
9. Points for the Final rd:
a. Winner- 200
b. 1st ru - 150
c. 3rd ru - 120
d. 4th ru - 100
e. 5th ru - 80
f. 6th ru - 70
g. 7th ru - 60
h. Rest - 50
10 Prize money will be handed out at the Pogi Christmas Party.
12 80% of Handicap Index for 2018
13 We will use your top 6 net scores in the winning calculation
14 ***BONUS*** If you win a major, we will add 25 bonus points to your total
Mini 1 – Apr 28th (Highbridge)
Mini 2 – May 12th (Spookybrook)
Mini 3 – May 19th (Roycebrook)
Mini 4 – June 16th (Tamarack West) (7 golf clubs allowed)
Mini 5 – June 30th (Eagleridge)
Mini 6 – July 14th (Quailbrook)
Mini 7 – July 28th (Tamarack East)
Mini 8 – Aug 18th (Neshanic)
Mini 9 – Sept 15th (Check golfnow for a deal)
Mini 10 – Sept 22 – Finals (Check golfnow for a deal)
Paid for 2018 as of 4/21/2018
(2) Alex Rima
Total collected is $250
If one can play only on 6 out of 10 games, he would be forced to play the 3 majors in order to have better chances. I think you made it 10 games b/c of vacation,etc. so better scheduling for everyone. Maybe just the Final major for the champ rd, just my 2€.
I agree with Ralph. I will update the rules and resend.
Thanks Ralph for starting the discussion about the mini tour.
I'm ok with the suggestion. The 3 majors will be the Pogi Players, Open and Invitational. Let's see what Musto says about ruling.